Monday, June 13, 2011

6-13-11 Starting off on both the right AND the wrong foot

First things first, before we go any further, I need to address some things that I forgot to address in yesterday's post.

First and foremost, I haven't taken any pictures of my body yet for the Day 1, 30, 60, 90 shots.  I don't have an actual camera at this time and my phone camera is both crappy and difficult to maneuver into a good position for a shot.  My girlfriend has a camera but I may not use that just yet.  My plan is to take some crappy pictures on my phone for the original and see what I can conjure for the 30 day and henceforth.  Also, while I'm not extremely embarrassed with my body, I am still somewhat self-conscious and I'm not that keen on revealing myself to the world just yet.  In time, though.

Also, I didn't mention any of my vital stats before I started.  As of today, I am 6 feet tall, wearing a 38 inch waist and weighing 257lbs.  I'm a white dude with brown hair and blue eyes.  Some would call me a bit stocky but I never really felt that way, especially after losing weight from my all-time high of 305 lbs.  I'd say it's more linebacker/fullback type now which may be giving me a bit too much credit.  Hopefully that's enough of a visual for now.  If you want to see me in my native habitat, I'll include my facebook address at the end of the column for your enjoyment.

Anyway, that's a lot of writing without saying a whole hell of a lot.  Let's get to the meat and potatoes, shall we?


P90X DAY 1 - Chest and Back


I will list the exercise, the round and the number of reps.  If weight is involved, I will list that as well.

Standard Pushups - R1: 25 reps  R2: 20 reps
Wide Grip Pull Ups - R1: 3+11  R2: 2+10
Military Pushups - R1: 15 reps  R2: 12 reps
Reverse Grip Chin Ups - R1: 3+8  R2: 1+10
Wide Fly Pushups - R1: 13 reps  R2: 9 reps
Overhand Pull Ups - R1: 2+10  R2: 0+10
Decline Pushups - R1: 10 reps  R2: 9 reps
Heavy Pants - R1: 10x45lbs  R2: 10x45lbs
Diamond Pushups - R1: 10 reps  R2: 7+2 reps
Lawnmowers -   R1: 10x45lbs  R2: 10x45lbs
Dive-Bomber Pushups - R1: 12 reps  R2: 8 reps
Back Flys - R1: 10x35lbs  R2: 10x35lbs

Ab Ripper X

This is a quick way to throw these numbers together.  I may modify this at a later time and finally find a universal way to get this done in a more aesthetic way.  Remember, I'm doing this on the fly.


HOW I DID


So first workout...I can definitely feel it.  I didn't really take Tony's advice at the beginning of the video and I burned myself out rather quickly.  You can see the steep downward trend in my pushup and pullup numbers from the very beginning.  You can also see that I am a complete pussy when it comes to pullups as I am quite heavy and despite being strong enough to pull myself up a few times, pullup endurance has never been my strongpoint.  At my peak, I was probably able to bust out 6 or 7 pullups on a good day.  I was not nearly as athletic on this day.

Overall, the workout felt great.  The pacing and the burn is different from traditional bodybuilding work and it's definitely something I'm going to have to get used to.  I'm happy to see that I'm going to get some nice conditioning work from the weight days and TONS of conditioning work from the cardio days.  These first few weeks are going to push me to the breaking point every time and I'm hoping it doesn't get to me too badly as I progress forward in the program.

I'm feeling good at this point but I'm not sure how great I'll be feeling tomorrow morning.  I've got Plyometrics coming up (which is the hardest, I hear) and I've got a LONG day of work as well.  God help me.

Anyway, that's all for this day.  It's all starting well and for not being able to do pullups and sucking balls doing pushups, I feel like I did pretty well for a fat guy looking to be less of a fat guy.  Tomorrow's post probably won't be quite as long so look forward to that.

Oh, and this is my facebook address:  http://www.facebook.com/kylesteinhauser

Later



No comments:

Post a Comment